View Single Post
March 7th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I have been away so much lately ladies. I feel like I have been a terrible host. We have just been so tired and so busy at our house that it has been hard to find time to get on the computer. I'm hoping as Christian begins to sleep a bit better I will be able to find more time.

Christian has been doing great. He is up to 8 lbs 9 oz from his birth weight of 6 lbs 10 oz so he is definitely gaining weight. I hate how fast they grow. he has had a problem with spitting up and last night it became projectile vomiting which he did 3 times. So today I took him to the dr. She did say that there was a stomach virus going around so he could possibly have that. She also thought that he could possibly have some sort of blockage that is preventing the food from getting to his stomach. She said this usually becomes evident around 1 month of age. So now we are watching him for more projectile vomiting which thankfully he has had none. his dr said that if the vomiting continues then they will send us for an ultrasound to check and see if he does have the blockage and if he does then surgery would be required. So of course I am freaking out a bit and praying that he just has a stomach bug. So that is where we are at right now. I'll try to update you tomorrow or Sunday with how he is doing.

I'm just praying that he doesn't vomit anymore. the idea of surgery just scares the crap out of me.

i hope all our pregnant ladies are doing ok. I hate that I haven't been around to support you guys. i promise that sometime soon I'll be back on as much as I was before Christian was born.

Update:

So both Jackson and I have had the stomach bug this weekend. I never thought I would be happy to have the stomach bug but I think that means that Christian did have the stomach bug and doesn't have any kind of blockage that would require surgery. He has not had any more vomiting so I think we are out of the woods. I'm so relieved. I was making myself sick with worry over the possibility of surgery.

Here is a recent picture I took of Christian last night. His hair always does the mohawk thing when I don't brush it after his bath. I think it is so cute.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Last edited by melissalaw; March 9th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.