View Single Post
March 13th, 2014, 08:16 AM
(rebeccabaltimore)
Statistics are in your favor. By hitting 25 weeks, your baby's chances of survival just shot up tremendously. If you can make it to 28 weeks, your baby has a 98% survival rate.

My son was born at 37 weeks, but had major health problems and had to stay in a high level NICU for several weeks. Every single other baby in his room was a micropreemie. I don't think any of his roommates had been born after 30 weeks. It was tough for them. They had a lot of fighting to do. But they all made progress, everyday. In the entire time my son was there, not a single baby died, not even the baby who had to have open heart surgery right there in the NICU because he was too unstable to move to an OR (his mother had abused meth during pregnancy). In fact, he didn't need a ventilator, and my 37 weeker did! The only time I saw a baby leave my son's NICU was because they were doing so well that they were being transferred to a regular NICU.

I'm praying that you don't go into labor anytime soon. But if you do, know that your baby's going to make it. It won't be easy, but one day your baby will leave the hospital in a cute going home outfit

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!