View Single Post
March 15th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Veteran
Hello All,

I'm considering becoming a surrogate but I'm not sure if I would qualify. Here is my history. We have an 8 year old son that we conceived naturally. After him, we tried to get pregnant on our own and couldn't. We went through infertility testing and everything came out normal but still, we were not pregnant. We tried Clomid and IUI with no success. We went onto IVF. The first round was unsuccessful because no eggs fertilized. They realized that there was some fertilization problem with my eggs and my husband's sperm. The next round, we did IVF with ICSI and this was successful and we had our beautiful daughter. Now, 2 years later, I am pregnant again with a surprise baby! No fertility treatments needed this time, and we weren't even trying! After this pregnancy, I am finished having children. Due to the heartache I had to go through to have my daughter, I understand the emotional strive of infertility and would like to help another couple who is going through the same thing. I'm wondering if my history of having to go through IVF myself will not allow me to become a surrogate.