View Single Post
March 16th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Hi, my name is Jenn.

I'm 40 years old and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a year on and off. We had a miscarriage in January of 2013 at about 5 weeks, then I had an emergency appendectomy in March 2013, and then I had uterine fibroids removed in Sept. of 2013. So the trying really has been on and off since we had to stop for the two surgeries.

I have a 14 year old boy from a previous relationship but my husband, who is 7 years younger, doesn't have any children of his own.

My doctor is giving me a 3 month round of Clomid starting this month. This is pretty much our last chance because our medical insurance does not pay for any kind of fertility help. We are paying for the Clomid out of pocket, so we're thankful that it isn't expensive.

I just wanted to introduce myself on this board because I'm looking for some support from others who may have gone through or are going through the same things I am.

Does anyone have any advice about taking the Clomid? Or any other aspect of trying at my age? Alternative therapies or anything that might help?

Thank you very much.