Topic: Update on us
View Single Post
March 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post

At least they gave the order. I can't believe she's not tried to contact him. My guess is she's holed up high as a flipping kite.

Have you spoke with her parents yet?
I'm surprised she hasn't tried to contact him either, though we did tell her he wants no contact with her. I'm just surprised she's listening, and didn't question it.

We haven't yet spoken with her parents. We're not sure how we're going to go about it. We did call her brother yesterday, though, and his 2 sons, Owen's 2 cousins, are having a sleepover here tonight. Kind of weird, but I love that we're all making sure we're doing what's best for Owen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
I was wondering about her parents, too. I'm so sorry you're having to do this again. I'm glad that your date isn't too far out, at least!

Have you and Eric decided what you'd like to ask for?
We might wait until we get confirmation that she's in rehab before we speak with them. We just don't want any drama, and we don't know if she's told them anything or how they feel about the situation. Hopefully with us reaching out to her brother, they can see that we have nothing against her side of the family as a whole, just her.

We're not sure what to ask for this time. Come April 1st, she likely won't yet be in rehab. I think we're headed down the path of, "Please continue her suspended visitation, unless Owen decides he wants to see her. But we really want to shield him from her drug use, especially since he was subjected to her alcohol use at such a young age."

Maybe we can calculate the longest she'll be on the waiting list, plus the 90 days she'll be in there, and then maybe throw a month on the end for good measure, and then have a follow up hearing.

Our fear is that within the first bit of time that she gets out of rehab, she usually does okay staying sober. How long is long enough to keep him away from her now that she's moved on to meth?