Topic: Update on us
View Single Post
March 23rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
I can definitely see why the length of time she needs to be sober is a tough one. I hope the judge takes her past addiction patterns into consideration.

I'm so glad to hear that her family is supportive of yours and Eric's decisions. That probably makes things a little easier.

I really hope she either hits a bottom and takes recovery seriously or she just leaves. I feel like it almost has to be tougher on Owen to have her in an out like that than if she were to just leave altogether.
That's exactly what we've been saying for the last couple months. He's so far done with her that every time she tries to come back into his life, it just frustrates all of us, including him. She'll try for a week or so, and show up on time, and take pictures at his soccer game, and then she'll just slack off again.

I really hope that detox is miserable. I hope that she is on the verge of wanting to just give up. I honestly think it'll be the only way she'll get her act together.

I'm glad her parents are on board with us keeping Owen away from her. Everyone needs to stop holding her hand through her recovery process. It's not helping.