View Single Post
March 26th, 2014, 10:51 AM
We are expecting our second son due in early August and are having a hard time coming up with a name. DH & I finally agreed on a first name, Elijah (Eli for short), but we are having a hard time agreeing on a middle name. DH likes Garrett, but it still needs to grow on me more. I like James, but DH thinks it's too "tongue twisty/similar J sounding". DH wants/likes a "hard G" beginning sound middle name. The other middle name DH likes is Graham, but when I hear it I think of graham crackers. So we ruled that name out. DH also does not like George, Grant, Gary, Gregory, Greg, Geoffrey, Geffrey, Gordon, Gage, Gavin, and Gabriel. I've tried non "G" names too. DH doesn't like James, Michael, David, Scott, Alexander, and Mason to name a few. For a while DH was "obsessed" with having both DSs with either a first name or middle name being the same as DH's first name. I put the kibosh on that! Our first DS already shares my DH's first name. My DH is the one who came up with Elijah for the first name, which I like. I just wish I could get him to agree to a middle name that I like/come up with. At least I got DH to agree to consider any other middle name options I may come up with before DS #2 is born. Any suggestions for middle names that go well with Elijah and a last name that starts with a "B"? Thanks for any help!