View Single Post
March 27th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingrainbow View Post
Just hard. My BFF had a new baby a month before my son was born. I can't even be around her. And while my friend understands completely, how long can a friendship truly last when you're avoiding her child. Our oldest children are 3 weeks apart and want to see each other. I feel like I need to get over it and move forward for the kids to see their friend and so she doesn't have to hide her new daughter.

In my opinion you NEVER need to just get over it and move on. If you do not allow yourself the time to grieve the pain will manifest itself in other ways. Give yourself some time. I find that it is really just the really new babies and very pregnant bellies that bother me. As the babies get bigger (sittin, crawling) it does not bother me as much. Hang in there. In many cultures there is a set greiving period of one year. I am not saying that is how much time you need, but it has only been a few months. You will know when you are ready. Even when you are ready it will still be hard. But each time you do expose yourself to a little bit more, it will get a little bit easier.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow