Topic: Update on us
View Single Post
March 27th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicMama View Post
It's so dependent on the state/judge/situation, but typically, drug use (especially something like Meth) is taken VERY seriously. Seeing how it all escalated, even after her last attempt at rehab, I could easily see the judge limiting unsupervised visitation for a long time. Your lawyer should have a better idea/estimate for you, though. Talk to him. See what he thinks is reasonable to ask for at this point. Ugh! I'm so sorry you are still dealing with all of this
I hope they take it seriously, especially after she was so adamant that her rehab wasnt court ordered and even though she got kicked out, she got a lot out of the program. Hopefully the judge sees right through her.

The unfortunate thing is that we cannot afford our lawyer again. We spent over $3,000 just between October 1st and February 5th between court fees and lawyer fees. That was our entire savings, and then some. There goes the car down payment, there goes saving for a baby.

Oh well. Owen is beyond worth it. And we will save again.

The lawyer is sensitive to the fact that we're pretty broke now, and he's giving me advice when he can, so I am thankful for at least that