Topic: Mama check in
View Single Post
April 1st, 2014, 04:25 AM
Veteran
I am definitely pretty floppy/saggy/stretched out. I'm almost at pre-pregnancy weight, but it definitely looks different. I'd like to lose another 30 pounds to really feel good. DH is more attracted to me than ever, though, which is surprising. He thinks I'm superwoman! I won't correct him on that notion .

I honestly think being a mom to this amazing little girl is so, so cool. I feel like we've gotten into a good routine now. I do wish she'd not need to wake for a bottle in the night, but I'm ok with continuing it until she's a year, and then we'll try to wean. My favorite thing in the world is after I've fed her the 3 am bottle, and I pick her up to put her back in the crib, and she just curls her little face into my neck and cuddles me. It's the only time she sits still long enough for snuggles, so I relish it.

I'm working full time, and Claire goes to daycare. We found a really good home daycare near our house, and she absolutely loves it there. The only thing that sucks about it is that she catches every little illness. Right now, we're combating a nasty case of diarrhea which has led to some pretty severe diaper rash, so I'm working from home a half day and then taking the rest of the day off to be with her. It's just amazing watching her grow, and develop. Just yesterday she started waving bye-bye, and growls when I make a growl sound. She loves the "uh oh!" game where she drops things off her high chair and says "uh oh!".

I will say that one of the things I did not expect to experience was some moderate anxiety. I don't know how much if it is normal, and what's due to my ever-changing hormones...but I worry about everything. If I call my husband and can't reach him, I automatically assume the worst...car accident, etc. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like a lot of new moms go through this. I just hope it all evens out at some point so I don't have to go on meds.