Topic: Pineapples!
View Single Post
April 2nd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Veteran
Yesterday I bought a pineapple. I heard that they are another natural inducer/ labor readyer. Before eating it today I looked up what exactly it does. Pineapple along with mango, and kiwi contain en enzyme called bromelain that is supposed to work like a prostaglandin, ripening and softening the cervix however bromelain will also cause contractions. But they have to be eaten fresh. Canned does not have the enzyme. From the testimonials I read it works great if you are already soft and a bit dilated. And like really great. Most people went into labor that day if they ate the fresh fruit. The juice works too but some woman had to drink it for weeks... and I don't think they were soft, effaced or dilated any. Some woman said that it didn't work at all. Many of those woman had not progressed at all before hand tho. I am thinking it works as a catalyst if you are somewhat ready. I almost ate that thing today! I am so glad I read about it first. DH has a shoot tomorrow. and work though the week. His work is kinda "on call" so we have to take what he can get. I plan to eat the whole pineapple Saturday. I love kiwis too so we might go buy some and make a lovely fruit salad.

Now I figure that it will work pretty good on me considering I already have contractions and I am soft and thin. So FX we will be in labor Saturday or Sunday. I will be 38.5 weeks and I think that is pretty good. I have had just a horrific pg with all the pain and discomfort. So I want to move on and meet my beautiful Kayla.