Topic: Pineapples!
View Single Post
April 3rd, 2014, 05:40 AM
Super Mommy
My cousin's fiance was a due on Feb 2 and closing in on her due date. At her last appt the dr said the baby probably wouldn't be coming until around Valentine's Day. She was sooo disappointed and discouraged. She was only 1 1/2 cm dilated and had been for a while. I told her to eat a whole fresh pineapple on Jan 30 and don't you know, she went into labor late that night and had her baby girl the next afternoon! DW is definitely going to be trying this in a couple of weeks!

Side note: DW was craving pineapple in the beginning and it was the only thing that helped with her constipation from the progesterone suppositories. We had no idea about the bromelain then and she was eating fresh pineapple almost every day. I found out about the bromelain when I was lurking on another forum and freaked! I called the Dr's office and they treated me like a total idiot like I was just being crazy. The nurse even went so far as to say, "I've never heard of this in my life. If pineapple really did those things, don't you think it would be on the list of food items to stay away from during pregnancy?" I wanted to jump through the phone and punch her.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell