View Single Post
April 7th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Hello, I am sorry you are going through this. It is really tough. And I don't judge you or feel that you deserve to be criticized. I am at 13 weeks now- my pregnancy is unplanned and in the middle of a lot of other crap. I decided to keep the baby because, to me, I am old enough, have a masters degree, etc. But, no one can make that decision for you- it will take a lot of thought, to get an abortion or to keep the baby. It is truly up to you and whatever you choose- don't let others make you feel bad about. I also am not a kid person, and did not think feelings of "mom love" would come. I have noticed that they are still faint, but they are getting there for me. I am getting more excited as I go along, and as people around me are excited and loving. But, with that being said- I have a ton of support. I hope your family and friends are supportive of whatever you do. I went to planned parenthood and to a crisis pregnancy center. PP was great, they gave me all the information I needed to know and absolutely DID NOT try to push me in to an abortion- they were extremely supportive. However, I needed an ultrasound because after I made the decision to not abort, I wanted to know if there was anything going on in there, as I had just gone through a lot of stress. So, I went to a crisis center for a free ultrasound. They were nice, but honestly, also very, very strange and I had to explain several times that I was keeping the baby, I didn't need the abortion talk whenever I met a new person. I am sure every center is different, though.So, I would use this resource, but not if you are wanting real information on abortion vs. keeping a baby- go to PP. Go to the Crisis centers for free stuff, resources and to help create plans if you want to keep the baby. I hope that things get better for you, and, hopefully there will be something that will lead you to the right decision for you. I had a few "signs" I would like to think. It didn't make any of this easier- I cried for days after I chose not to abort, but I know I just had to grieve all the losses I had experienced lately. Please keep us updated- I don't know if there is a way to private message on this site, but, if you need to, I wouldn't mind talking with you as an outside support person that doesn't know you or anything about you. At times that is helpful! Take care.