View Single Post
April 10th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
Hello,

My name is Camille and I currently only have 2 children, a 4 months old daughter and a 26 months old son. My boyfriend would like to have at least another child but I am not sure about what I'm feeling like. I never pictured my life with more than 2, but the idea of extending our family is growing on me.
To help me with my reflections, I guess I need to know more about bigger families. So here are a few questions I have and i hope they don't sound too invasive.

1. Have you always hoped for a large family or did that desire come later after having children? Was it a tough decision for you?
2. What do you enjoy the most about having a large family?
3. What do you find is the hardest?
4. What kind of car do you drive?
5. Do your kids share bedroom? How is that working out?
6. Do any of you work? SAHM, WAHM or WOHM?

Thanks ladies, I'm looking forward to read all your answers and eventually join you!

From my 20's I suppose I wanted to have a larger family...not so much when I was younger.

There are alot of things I enjoy. I like that my kids always have someone to play with. Everyone always helps out that is the only way our house runs.

Hardest would be the chaos...sometimes my house is chaos...and since we homeschool I tend to not really get breaks.

I drive a ford expedition...it seats 8.

My girs share a bedroom age 13 and 11....the oldest girl is married and living in another state.

My boys are supposed to share..age 11 and 4..but my little still likes to sleep with me. I am pregnant and this baby will likey share our room for a long time and the 4 year old will likely go share with my 11 year old boy. We do have a room downstairs that could be a bedroom..someday..

I am a sahm and we homeschool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfDozen View Post
My name is Christine. I have 5 ranging in age from 17 to just under a year, and I am currently pregnant with my 6th.

1. Have you always hoped for a large family or did that desire come later after having children? Was it a tough decision for you? We always wanted 3. I have 3 sisters, though so when we decided to have the 4th, that felt right. Well, 5 & 6 are what they are....And I'm happy. I do think we'll stop at 6, but then again, I thought that after 4. There is also a big age gap between 3 & 4 (9 1/2 years) so it's like we have 2 sets of 3, and I'm a big fan of the number 3.

2. What do you enjoy the most about having a large family? The constant craziness and watching the kids together.
3. What do you find is the hardest? The constant craziness, never getting a minute alone, and the money.
4. What kind of car do you drive? A minivan, but I need to get something different because we won't all fit in mine since it only seats 7.
5. Do your kids share bedroom? How is that working out? My #2 & #4 share, and they get along great. I don't know where we're putting #5 when #6 comes.
6. Do any of you work? SAHM, WAHM or WOHM? I kind of do a little bit of everything. I work at home doing some things to help someone else. I also work 2 days a month at home for my "regular" job and and 2 days a month in the office. And the rest of the time, I'm just home with my kids. I am currently looking for a full-time job.

My expedition seats 8....but is alot harder on gas than my minivan..which stinks since I live in the middle of nowhere!
Myah 11/12/02
Julian 11/12/02
Ryder 8/14/09
Baby due 10/27/14