View Single Post
April 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I've never been to to this board so just a quick introduction. My name is Courtney, I'm 29 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second child, 1st I had 4th degree tearing, didn't heal correctly, had to have reconstructive surgery 5 months later. I will be having a planned c-section around week 39 this time around.

I always think the worst and I know a lot of my anxiety comes from all the complications I had during my daughter's delivery, plus reconstructive surgery after!

My question is to anyone who has had a planned c-section.

1. Were you sick with fear beforehand? I know I'll need some meds to calm me down before I'm rolled into be sliced open. I could use some right now to calm me down, can't imagine what the day of will be like for me.

2. What was recovery like for you? I know I'm not going to feel awesome shortly after but I'm just wondering how long it takes to get back to some sort of normalcy, like getting up and down with little problem/pain, running to the grocery store, fixing dinner, going to the mall/zoo etc. I know recovery time is several weeks before I'll actually feel pretty good but just curious about your experience.

3. Is there anything you can do to help healing along? A lot of people have been telling me to get up and move as soon as I can and to walk as much as possible.

Nothing out of the ordinary please! Just normal non eventful c-sections lol I'm already freaking out, I don't need to hear horror stories to freak me out more!