View Single Post
April 16th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulsunrise View Post
What was the best vacation you have ever been on?
Honestly, I haven't been on too many. There was never any money when I was growing up, and actually now that I'm an adult, there's still no money for it! Something else always takes priority when it comes to finances.

When I was a teenager, we started coming up here to Toronto to visit my dad in the summers. That was always lots of fun. Every year we'd go up north and spend a week at a cottage on a lake. We also did all the touristy things like going to the museums and the CN Tower. We usually saw a few shows as well - Phantom of the Opera, Riverdance, various musicals and Shakespearean plays.

As an adult, the only vacation that I've really been on was our honeymoon. It was short, but we had a great time. We went to Sedona, Arizona - a few hours away from where we lived at the time. We were only there for 3 days, but we packed a lot into that time. We stayed at a really luxurious hotel and had several couple's spa treatments, and ate out at some great restaurants. We went on a jeep tour, a helicopter ride, and a hot air balloon ride. On the way home we stopped in this old mining town up on the side of a mountain, called Jerome. It was such a cool place, we ended up going back several times for quick weekend get-aways.