View Single Post
April 18th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Super Mommy
i was terrified before my c-section. i was planning a vaginal delivery and had half an hr to mentally prepare myself after i was told i'd be getting a c-section due to my daughter being breeched. the surgery itself went great. it was very uneventful, thank god! but recovery is hell. they will tell you to start getting up several hours after the surgery, once the medicine wears off. they kept me in the hospital for 48 hrs and sent me home with oxycodone and ibuprofen. i personally didn't take the oxycodone once i got home. not so much because i wasn't in pain, but more because i am too paranoid about using it. i just don't want to go there with certain medications.

the worst of the pain lasted about a week and gradually went away over the next 5-7 weeks. i was able to get up and walk around, get out of the house a little bit, but you aren't supposed to really get back to any normal activities until 6-8 weeks post partum, and i definitely wouldn't suggest trying to get by with any sooner. it's major surgery and so many things can go wrong if you don't follow the drs orders with recovery.

i do agree with getting up and moving around as soon as possible though because it really did help me a lot.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017