View Single Post
April 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
I'm really hoping to breastfeed this time. With DD, I think I was just too embarrassed in the hospital and my breasts hurt soooooo bad when my milk finally came in 3 days later, I just couldn't handle it. With DS, my nips hurt so bad and he had latching issues. I did speak to a Lactation Consultant at the hospital and she also came to my home a few days later. It hurt so bad that I would literally sit there and cry and would dread feeding time. That is the point where I decided that for me it wasn't worth it to resent that time, breastfeeding should be a beautiful bonding time between mother and baby and it just didn't feel that way. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect it to feel wonderful at first or to be easy but it was just really bad. As soon as I started feeding him formula I was able to bond with him much quicker because we both enjoyed the time instead of it being stressful with him screaming trying to get milk and me crying because it hurt so bad. I really really hope it works out this time, but I do understand that breastfeeding isn't necessarily for everyone.

Make a pregnancy ticker