View Single Post
April 19th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not saying they should feel less adequate at all. I'm simply saying that formula is not the same thing as breast milk, it never has been and it never will be.

** I was incorrect with my number, the publication says $10.5 billion, 741 deaths would be save if 80% of infants in the US were exclusively breast fed the first 6 months. When studies say that breastfeeding reduces cancer, obesity and much more there are costs associated with caring for those who were fed formula that have greater chances of getting cancer and so on. A push for breastfeeding has been a major public health initiative because of how much healthier it is for the infant, and mother. Benefits are not just limited to the child. Mothers that breastfeed greatly reduce their chances of breast cancer, arthritis and much more, sometimes upwards of 50%.

Of course anyone that wishes to learn more about that article is welcome to do so here. The Burden Of Suboptimal Breastfeeding In The United States: A Pediatric Cost Analysis.

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/flrpp/...astfeeding.pdf

Last edited by BlueEyes09; April 19th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.