View Single Post
April 23rd, 2014, 08:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor little guy. Their little digestive systems are still figuring everything out, I guess. Maybe too he hit a growth spurt so he is taking in more at each feed, and his intestines are processing it faster so he's getting more gas. I recall even fairly recently a few times where, for a few days or a week or so, Kody would grunt and bear down every time he nursed. I never did figure out what was with that, it's like, before that he was fine, and then he got to grunting and pushing when he ate. *shrug* who can tell? Too bad at L&D, instead of delivering the afterbirth, it couldn't be a individually-tailored, baby-specific manual? That would be so awesome. Then you would just look in the giant index in back for, "Grunting while feeding", or "Pulling at nipples".

On a side note, Kody started biting me a bit about oh, 4 or 5 months into it, almost like to tell me he was done or he didn't want it when I was offering it. I was thinking ahead to when he got teeth and was freaked that he would do that when he got older, so I would tap him firmly on the nose and say "no" when he'd do that. Of course he'd cry, poor guy. But it did get the message across, and he doesn't do that at all now, thank God! Because he has teeth and it would HURT. It hurt even when he had no teeth. Anyway, you, Melissa, and Amy's babies are awfully tiny to do that at this point. But maybe if he still does it when he's bigger, you might try some gentle admonishing.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12