View Single Post
April 28th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're all getting over being sick here. Both kids have had nasty colds, and my cold turned into a sinus infection. I went to the doctor on Saturday and got some antibiotics, so I'm finally starting to feel human again.

Saturday was our weekly Family Night with my dad and step-mum, and my brother and his wife. Yummy dinner, followed by board games (and drinking). Always a good time.

Sunday I got a ton of cooking done. I made a giant batch of spaghetti sauce and froze it in individual containers - enough to last us until we move this summer. I also baked bread, and several trays of crispy/chewy slow-roasted cherry tomatoes, which I'm completely addicted to.

Sunday afternoon my parents were gone for several hours, which is a nice change of pace. They're major homebodies...and so are we. So we're always home together and we always feel like we're intruding on their space. On the rare occasion that they go out, we get the house to ourselves. It's so nice to just be able to cook a meal or watch TV or whatever, and not feel like we need to scurry back up to our bedrooms to get out of their way.

All in all, a pretty good weekend. Low-key, but good.