View Single Post
April 28th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Mom to 2 + 3
I am almost 3 cm dilated, and my doctor is leaving Wednesday to go out of town for the weekend. She said if I want her to be my doctor then tomorrow is baby day! I go in at 8 am for a softening pill, then she's going to break my water and somehow we're going to have a baby!

UPDATE:
So here's the short story ... I went in at 8 for cervical ripening. At 11:15, I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced, so the doctor broke my water. Around 1 pm I was 5 1/2 cm and starting to feel pain so asked for the epidural. The first person dug all around, and I was in tons of pain. The second person was much more gentle, but it only took on 1 side. After much positioning that didn't work, the 3rd anesthetist pulled it back (and almost out) and it took! It was 4pm by this time. I napped about 10 min and watched tv. At 5:30 I started pushing. His shoulder got stuck, and he had to be vacuumed out, but luckily no broken bones and both of us are healthy! He is on blood sugar checks because it was low, but he's eating like a champ. Such a calm baby and so different than my first!

Gabriel Tomás - 9 pounds, 7 ounces! 21 inches long, born at 5:47pm.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14

Last edited by Lyndsey2013; April 30th, 2014 at 03:42 AM.