View Single Post
April 29th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my midwife looked at me today. I'm so upset.

I haven't done my birth story yet but I'll get there. In the meantime I'll tell you that the birth went perfectly. The problem came after when they had to do ninety minutes worth of stitching and the lidocaine did not take. I've had procedures done before, twice, where the freezing didn't work on me and now I'm thinking that it just doesn't work on me. She said she used eight vials of it and I felt every single stitch. It was the most horrific experience of my life. I feel like I could give birth again standing on my head in comparison to the horror that was being sewn up with no (or faulty) pain relief.

So, I have separated stitches as well as stitches that haven't dissolved. She said she is pretty sure that the separation will heal on its own but the three stitches need to come out. She tried touching them and the pain was so severe I screamed and started to cry.

When she tried to touch them again I just told her not to. I can't do it. So, she said she would give it a week as there are no signs of infection and next week she will have to remove them.

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to talk about Isabell's reflux and I am going to ask him for some kind of prescription. Can they not sell me some kind of numbing agent? I mean for when my midwife goes to take them out. I know the lidocaine didn't work but maybe there is another kind.

I've been so upset all day. Between the SPD and now this, I've been in pain for months and I'm so tired of moving gingerly and hurting all the time.

Between now and then I am to do loads of sitz baths and air drying, as well as using the peri care bottle and hair dryer after I pee.

So that's my update. I know it could be worse but Still..... This sucks.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!