View Single Post
April 30th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi

My oldest children currently go to an amazing public school where we live in the country. However, we have to move next month, it's looking like we'll have to be in the city. For the rest of this school year, I plan on commuting to their school, but that's going to be a long drive, and stressful. They have been given permission to stay in this district for as long as we'd like (baby sis as well when she starts preschool), but it's really going to depend on where we end up moving permanently if that's a realistic thing to do.

Oldest is very bright, but has ADHD. Both of them are very social, and love their school/friends/staff... but neither of them have any focus when they are together.

I know they will hate being stuck at home instead, and am trying to figure out how the best way to do the transition would be (if it comes to it). I was home schooled through 8th grade, enjoyed it when I was really little, and hated it for the last, probably 5-6 years. Granted, I was an only child, so I had no playmates.

I'm not even sure where to start finding out things about curriculum, or laws regarding home school. I do know that I need at least an AA degree (which i have), but other than that...

Also, how much do you typically spend for one child per year for everything needed?

Thanks!

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d