View Single Post
April 30th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassi0677 View Post
I have taken child dicelopment classes and what I have learned is no amount of alcohol is safe. Even a little bit of dayquill can give ur child full blown fetal alcohol syndrome. Depending on how vulnerable your baby is. I know they say a glass of red wine is ok because the antioxidants are what make it ok but I still wouldn't trust it.

Handling these cases before, I believe they have determined a time period when a fetus is more susceptible to FAS (and, like everything else if I remember correctly, it is in the ~6-10 weeks range). Plus, it seems to be the total number of drinks over pregnancy and not necessarily the amount in one time setting. Alcohol Risk to Fetus Is Highest at End of 1st Trimester | Fetal Alcohol Syndrome & Drinking During Pregnancy | LiveScience

Like I said before, if a little bit of dayquil can do it, all our kids would have FAS b\c fruit juices have .1% of alcohol in it and, I don't know about you, but I drink juice everyday.

Agreed that the only way to avoid it is not to have a single drink, but I don't think we need to all believe our kids will have FAS.

Last edited by hopin2bpreggermeggers; April 30th, 2014 at 08:03 AM.