View Single Post
May 7th, 2014, 08:32 AM
CopperBoom!
Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Ugh!! What a huge mess. Am I missing something, but why would they turn her away for thyroid problems? Just curious. I mean, if you have to be 100% healthy for 90 straight days, I can't imagine many people would ever be able to successfully complete rehab. Did these thyroid problems just pop up out of nowhere? I mean, typically, when you are diagnosed with thyroid issues, it's not like a cold that comes up all of a sudden.

Honestly? It sounds to me like she is just looking for a reason to skip out on rehab. Like you've said before, in her mind, SAYING she needs to go/getting on the waiting list, that's as good as going. It seems like she thinks she can just say the word "rehab" and the judge will fawn over her trying to get better and give her Owen back.

I'm really thinking of you all today! I hope that it goes so well and everything goes smoothly in your favor. I do hope she shows up and that the judge wakes her up. She needs to see that SHE is doing this to herself.

While I don't necessarily think it was her dad's place to tell all that to Owen, I'm glad that he is realizing how she is screwing up. Like he said, she could be done with nursing school, working, caring for Owen. But she didn't, and she isn't. Even if her mom is still blinded by her stories, at least one of her parents realizes she has messed up big time.