View Single Post
May 13th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby boy has turned around, so it doesn't look like I will have to start standing on my head anytime soon! lol
He was measuring 4lbs 8oz and they said at this point with the SUA they will want to start monitoring the fluid level weekly to make sure it doesn't get too low and run risk of the cord getting pinched. As my midwives have not mentioned this to me yet, I will have to check when I go to the birthing center this afternoon to see if they want to do the weekly monitoring or if they prefer I switch to weekly visits to the perinatologist. She said anything between 7-22 is normal and I was measuring a 14 something which was right down the center. So far everything is looking great despite the SUA, baby is running a week ahead in size!
She said IF he sticks true to the prediction that babies generally double in size from 32 to 40 weeks then we'd be looking at a 9.5lb baby. DH was a little taken aback by that part lol

All in all - things are looking on track for our natural birth plan at the birthing center, WOO HOO!!!