View Single Post
May 15th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was told with my first that my baby was getting too big and that I needed to be induced if I wanted to avoid a c-section. He was 7 lbs, 14 oz. My second, my midwife never did an u/s at the end but she was very good at feeling the baby from the outside. She could tell how he was laying and about how big he was. At my last appt she had guessed at least 8 1/2 lbs and he ended up being 9 lbs. 3 oz. With my last they never estimated, no u/s, they believed that you couldn't have a "too big" of a baby. They had recently delivered a 11 1/2 lb baby naturally. But she ended up being 9 lbs, 4 oz.

I feel like it is what it is. Your girl parts are still going to be in pain no matter how small or how big your baby is. hahaha! Fat squishes, it's the head and shoulders you have to worry about.

I will say to, with the research I've done, if you are medicated, lying on your back with your feet in the air, that's when it makes a difference on how big your baby's head and shoulders are. If you have a stubborn, larger baby squatting opens your pelvis 30% more than lying down! That's amazing to me!!!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!