View Single Post
May 25th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
Last week, I was mentioning to my MIL that I was having trouble finding some affordable maternity clothes since we live in the middle of nowhere. She mentioned that there was a woman she worked with who had just had a baby in October 2013 and said that she would ask her if she had anything she could spare.

So, on Friday evening she shows up at my house with a HUGE bag of clothes! Almost everything fits perfectly. I went from having 2 tops and 2 pairs of jeans to having about 25 shirts, 3 skirts, 5 pairs of jeans and 3 pairs of dress pants - all good brand names (mostly Thyme and Motherhood)! I probably just got $1500 worth of clothes for free - SCORE! I hate spending money on mat clothes so I was tickled pink. I think I'm going to make the donater a thank you card - it feels like the least I could do.

MIL has also been picking up toys and whatnot for us from her friends and coworkers, and keeping an eye on yardsales. Yesterday she texted me to say she bought me a nice crib for $5 and said that if I didn't like it for some reason I could just throw it out. We were talking about painting our crib anyway so, as long as it's sturdy, DH is going to sand it an paint it, and then it won't matter where it came from. I'm feeling like a lucky lady!