View Single Post
May 31st, 2014, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna Makayla arrived at 11.05 am on 27th May.... weighing 9.24 pounds

I had my scheduled c-section and she came out screaming her little lungs out... Although then at 4 minutes old, pediatricians and doctors began running around the room and running into the room... Not a sight I really liked to see...

It seemed she was having trouble breathing... They took her to NIC unit and put her in a humidicrib and gave her oxygen... So I didn't even see her until she was 5 hours old.... and then I couldn't hold her as she was in the humidicrib... It wasn't quite the arrival I expected... However, she was kept in the NIC unit for 2 days... I was going down there to feed her every 3 hours... Her breathing improved and they think it was just to do with her having fluid due to arrival by c-section etc...

Anyway, we were discharged yesterday from hospital and I arrived home today... I am extremely sore, much sorer than my previous c-sections (but it is number 5 I guess!!) , so am still pretty sore and uncomfortable and not feeling great... but I am so very thankful she arrived safely and is ok now...

Bfíng is going wonderfully , considering I didn't feed her straight away and missed that first day or 2 with her... she is feeding great...