View Single Post
June 3rd, 2014, 07:19 AM
Super Mommy
I think we are finally down to two front runners on our choices of boy names. Mind you, we still have 4.5 months, so something new might pop up or we might change our mind entirely, but for now we are thinking either Brock or Malcolm.

Brock has no history - it's just one of the few names that we've seen on baby lists that we actually like. It's growing on me, but I'm am not super in love with it the way I should be (it's my husband's favourite name, though). Hubby and I are both fans of strong, one-syllable names and that was the only one we could agree on that wasn't too popular, too strange, and stuck with us.

Malcolm is a really important family name, and both my brother and father have it as a middle name. It is my paternal grandfather's last name (and technically should have been mine before I got married) and I would love to pay homage to him by using his name. Even if we don't use Malcolm as a first name, it will be in there somewhere. I also like that it's not common and it does sound nice... my only complaint is that I can't think of a nickname for it.

I think that Brock sounds a little nicer with our last name (Kelly) but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm more interested in making sure our son has a name that he can be proud of, and making sure he won't be one of three in his class (I think I am already safe there). Which do you like better?