View Single Post
June 6th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did with #3. After having an anterior lip of cervix with #2 and dealing with the pain of having that manually lifted over her head while I pushed, I did everything possible to ensure #3 was in proper position. Chiro, spinning babies, sat upright all the time etc. That being said, she was my longest labor and didn't get into proper position until around 7cm, or 15hrs of labor. And I still ended up with an anterior lip. However, she was a natural delivery, I pushed for 10 min etc so it definitely didn't hurt anything. I think spinning babies is great, and won't hurt, especially doing the hands and knees, and stairs exercises if they apply. And the pelvic release is great. But don't be disappointed if in spite of doing everything, baby is still not in ideal position when labor starts. That's why it is important to move around a lot in early labor, don't get stuck on your back in a bed, and avoid an epi if at all possible. Oh and refuse water getting broken because if baby isn't in good position and your water is broken it can really mess up things.