Topic: It amazes me
View Single Post
June 12th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoofeach View Post
Thank you ladies.

I had a sit down with the lawyers and my ex today and he stated what he wants. I cannot believe the nerve of what he wants. This is what he wants:
Every 2nd weekend, Friday night through to Monday school drop off, plus weds and thurs nights with Dex, because, and I quote, 'I want to spend time with my son without having to put up with the girl'.

He doesn't actually want the kids because he wants to be a father, he's using the kids as a weapon against me because he doesn't like to see me happy with anyone else. He stopped me after our meeting today and said 'You shouldn't be happy. You left me and so you don't get to be happy anymore'. I told my lawyer and he said he will document it and present it as evidence if we go to court. My lawyer has said that we should be able to keep the current schedule. The things is, I'd give him the extra time, if he actually wanted it because he misses his kids. I have never kept the kids from him, I have never bad-mouthed him in front of the kids.

I am so over all of this.
Let me ask you this then.. Aside from the fact that he sounds like a complete JERK... is he a good dad? Would the kids benefit from getting more time with him? Is it in THEIR best interest? Sometimes, we have to do what's in their best interest, even when it pisses us off.

I'm sorry. I know none of this is easy