View Single Post
June 16th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Happy as a (Tired) Clam
I guess Baby Girl has been having a growth spurt, because the last few days I've been dead tired, starving, and really plagued with growing pains. Worth it all when I feel her kicking though. I'm 25+1 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva76 View Post
We don't qualify for assistance bc hubby works. One of those it looks good on paper but it's not what he takes home. I asked my mom if she will create a Fb online event baby shower and see if anyone helps us.
Hubby can take time off of work....no problem. The only thing is we don't have family here since we just moved from CA to NC. And our moms make every excuse why they can't fly out when initially they both were planning on it. We have 3 other kids so with no help he's left to stay home with them when I give birth
Is he a contractor or something? My FIL builds, inspects, and repairs elevators, and has the same issue. His income looks phenomenal on paper, but it doesn't really include business costs.
When I was in high school, I was part of a volunteer babysitting group at our church. It was intended for anyone who had financial need in situations like that (or someone who had a NICU baby with kids at home, family members having surgery, etc.). It wasn't just for members of the church, it was a community outreach thing. Might be worth calling some of the bigger churches in your area to see if they do something similar. Even if they don't have anything formal set up, the church secretary may be able to pull something together for you. Also, a lot of crisis pregnancy centers are also willing to help with clothes, blankets, etc. (the bigger ones might even be able to help with car seats, cribs, etc.). I'm sorry you are having such a rough time! I can't even imagine how tough it would be to go through this so far from family, especially when you are expecting support and they flake out on you like that.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie.

Mama to DD (Born 9/21/2014)& 2 Angels in Heaven