View Single Post
June 18th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Every breath is a gift.
We did a total switch from breastfeeding to formula feeding. Not many people know... Not even all of my family knows. I guess I feel guilty. I don't really want to get into the details of why we stopped, but it is going really well. I honestly think it was perfect timing. Toren didn't have any issues switching, I was worried he would. Before when we were BF'ing he would only sleep at night on my chest with the boob in his mouth. Anytime I tried to move him to his bed, no matter how deep of a sleep he was in, it would wake him up and he wouldn't be happy until he was back on the boob. AS SOON as we started formula he was happy sleeping in his bed during the night. It was definitely much harder on me to stop BF'ing than it was for Toren. I would break down in tears several times throughout the days. I'm okay now, but it was really hard letting go.

We did start solids. Toren likes most of what I have given him. He's not a fan of carrots and he liked sweet potatoes the first time he tried them but none of the times after that. We are still experimenting and playing around with flavors.