View Single Post
September 17th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Regular
[color=#CC33CC][size=3]I am new to this but i recently experienced extreme PPD. I found out i was pregnant 3 weeks before Hurricane Katrina. I thought everything was fine and I was holding it all together for my 3 year old. Then Hurricane Rita hit and we still couldn't return home. When we finally did get to come home which was still before they had electricity we were living on a shrimp boat. Not very big when you have a 3 year old and pregnant. Then we got our FEMA trailer. Not very big either but it was a home. Then around Christmas time i began getting sick. I was in and out of the hospital too many times to count. All i wanted to do was lay in bed, throw up, and cry. I didn't want to take care of my little girl. They tried me an numerous anti-depressants but they seemed to make me think stupider than i was already thinking.I began sticking my finger down my throat cause i thought it made me feel better. We decided that it was best to get away from our situation for a while. We went to Utah tovisit with my grandma. We figured if I got away from the island and the destruction a while things would get better. I was trying to hide it from my husband that i was sticking my finger down my throat but my grandma figured it out. He watched me all day and i would phsically fight with him to throw up but he wouldn't let me. It was like a drug I was addicted to. It became an addiction. I finally realized i needed God in my life. When i turned to God the urge to stick my finger down my throat slowly went away. I would not be where I am now if it wasn't for god. We are back home now and i have fully put my trust in God. I am happy, my children are happy, and my husband is happy. I love both of my kids more than anything else in this world and I think everything we have been through has made us stronger as a family. We are still living in our FEMA trailer but it doesn't seem so bad. I am thankful everyday for our trailer cause there are still some people in NO that do not have a place to live a year after the storms. If anyone needs to just talk I am willing to listen and pray with you. I would have gotten nowhere with no prayer. May God bless all of you.