View Single Post
September 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all....

I have had 3 miscarriages. My first was in December, 1999. We had gone in for our 12 week appointment & in hopes of hearing the heartbeat. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. No spotting, pains, etc. Our doctor couldn't find it with the doppler, so he had us go in for an ultrasound. That is when we found out that the heart had stopped at 9 weeks. I was in shock & took it really hard. We didn't try until the next August, I got pregnant really quick & not soon after started bleeding that was the second miscarriage. I got pregnant with my 1st son a month later. I did start spotting early & thought for sure I would miscarry but my doctor did an ultrasound & I saw the heartbeat. It was so wonderful to see. He also did blood work & found that my progesterone was low, so I was prescribed progesterone suppositories. After that it was smooth sailing. My second son I was put on the suppositories right away (had a different doctor due to military moves) & had an early ultrasound, never had a problem during the pregnancy.

My 3rd miscarriage was this May, it was a suprise to us we weren't trying, but we were really happy. Again I had a new doctor due to another move, this time I had a lot of trouble trying to get them to put me on progesterone. I had to be passed around by nurses & doctors & then finally they put in a prescription at about 8 weeks. Five days later I started bleeding. I tried to get them to let me in to get an ultrasound but it was a no. Finally after spotting a lot & cramping I went into the ER. Had an ultrasound which had me measuring at only 6 weeks. I knew that was impossible because I was 9 weeks. That was when I knew I had miscarried. I can't help but feel that it's because I had such a hard time getting them to put me back on progesterone, but who knows.

So pregnant again 3 months later, as soon as I knew I was pregnant (a faint line) I was calling & demending that they put me on it. Thankfully it didn't take as much effort as last time & I got on it at only 4 weeks. I just hope that things go better for us this time around.

</div>