View Single Post
October 8th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are using Learning Adventures....I do the reading on Friday for the upcoming week- taking turns.We do the reading & Spelling Test only on Fridays.My friend does the reading right before bed & the dad reads some of it too.so if your dh wants to get involved that could work while you get the little one in bed or you straighten up for the night.

I plan on Fridays or Saturdays & give each child a print out of notes & assignments for the week on Monday.It helps me stay on track & be accountable.kwim?

Projects are done after bookwork & are a "treat" so if you don't get your stuff done in time then the project gets dumped not the math & english.

We also do the notebooks as a family

Hugs remember it can take up to 2 years to complete if you slow the pace and that is OKAY!

(have you considered alpha omega english?it might work & it includes spelling.My special needs(dyslexia,dysgraphia,&adhd) dd does well with it )

edit: you can grab some library books in his reading level on each subject. Have him read them as a naptime book to the little ones or a bedtime one....He won't feel he is reading a "baby book" for school & it will give you a few minutes to do things you need to do.