Topic: Courage?
View Single Post
October 18th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
I am so sorry that you had a bad birth experience. I did too, and that is why I am here today! I know that I never want my right to experience a wonderful natural birth in all its wonder taken away from me again. It happens all too often that an intervention is made by an OB and then the whole birth goes to crap just because of something that THEY did. A fetal heartrate drop can absolutely be caused from being induced. When pitocin is added into the mix, you dont contract regularly. They tell you that you are having "regular contractions" but really they are not working the way a natural contraction is supposed to work. Natural contractions bear downwards with an amazing force, where pitocin contractions are like squeezing a ball in your hand. They do not move the baby down, so eventually all the squeezing can stress the baby out. Left alone, almost EVERY woman will go into labor all on her own, when she and the baby are ready for birth.
I find my courage through education. I read read read. It sure didnt take me long to figure out that my body is a baby birthing machine. God made my body in a way that it is capable to delivering babies with no ones help. I trust my body, and I trust that God knew what he was doing when he designed the me. Education is also how I got DH on board with the whole idea. It didnt take him long either. If you have a DH who is willing to sit down with you and listen to what you are learning and take it all in, then it shouldnt be too hard to sway him in. The proof of how safe a homebirth can be is overwhelming. Much much lower intervention rates. It is just the safer way to go anymore. Less stressful on you and your baby. Yes, there is always that possibility that something can happen, or go wrong. Less chance that it will happen at home than in a hospital though. If you trust in your body it will tell you if you need help, and in that case all you have to do is call 911 or have someone drive you to the hospital. It really doesnt happen very often though. Anyhow, I hope that helps. Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like!

April

</div>