Topic: Courage?
View Single Post
October 18th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your negative experience! As much as Ihate to say it, that's half of where I get my home birth courage. The rest of it comes with the fact that I hate hospitals (I'm such a pansy) and through education. Knowing the kind of experience that I can have at home compared to what I can have in the hospital, I'm selfish, I want that great private natural painful experience not a bunch of stranger poking me where only my DH belongs.

DH prefered a hospital birth in the beginning... I'm not sure if he decided to support me because of all the studies I made him read saying the risk of complication was lower, or if he just figured out that fighting me would only be damaging to him.

I agree with Doornail - it sounds like you were having super contractions that are often caused by induction. Given the chance to labor naturally I think you'd be suprised at what your body can do!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler