View Single Post
October 18th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say anything that is very serious. While I was 9cms the midwife *thought* there might be meconimum in the waters (seriously poor lighting in my house OR she just thought I was risky...I sortta questioned her on her thoughts about me actually ebing able to birth at home)...well I said no, I didn't want to transfer. She didn't have the equipment for this problem BUT it was so close to time ...it was either now or never.

After the birth, I did hemorrage (I was given like three shots for it...oxytocin and the anti hemoragin medicine) a small amount. Forunately, throughout the entire birth my midwife was making me drink lots of fluids and even though I didnt want to drink, I did. I drank sooo much juice during the labour and immediately after the labour that I had to potty 4 times within two hours of giving birth. lol Sorry...I am rambling...

One thing that people tried to hold against me was my weight. There is some mentality that fat people just can't have babies vaginally or something. In fact, we had a small discussion about this and I had to sign a waiver. The waiver was actually for two things....the most important thing was my rejection of taking a glucose tolerance test. I knew I was not diabetic and so therefore I saw no point in the arbitrary test.

So Crunchy