View Single Post
October 19th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Quote:
I know that in my area midwives can take high risk moms though many choose not to for liability purposes. Here midwives are forced by law to either work in conjunction with doctors or be laymidwives which are (unfortunately) illegal in Illinois.
VBAC is no reason at all to deny care, in fact I'd say it's even more of a reason to shoot for a homebirth. At home your labor is less likely to stall and if it does there's not as much pressure to keep it moving. At a hospital or birth center if your labor stalls they will either give you a pit drip or some cervidil, both of which are known to cause super contractions and uterine rupture. Because of this I firmly believe that it is more dangerous to give birth in a hospital or birth center than it is to give birth at home.
Keep in mind that transfer is always an option for all homebirthers. Even if you haven't had prenatal care an ER cannot deny you because of prior care status.[/b]
I just wanted to clarify. My labor didn't stall with my son. My first two were vaginal births. My third was a csection. He was born at 33 weeks after my placenta abrupted. They couldn't stop my labor and when he went into distress they did an emergency csection. I would not have had a csection if it were my choice and I am still a little sensitive about this. I wish that I had never had to have a csection but I am grateful that my son is healthy.

I am going to take your advice and start looking around. I would like it if I could try to do this and then if I started having complications during my pregnancy to have the option to see a doctor. I don't want to put my baby's health at risk to have a home birth but it is something I would really love to be able to do. I am sort of jealous of the ladies that have had successful homebirths.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!