View Single Post
October 19th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, when in labor with my first I wanted to stay home. It was just an intense feeling. But we thought you had to be in the hospital to have a live baby and a safe mother! Oh gosh we were so niave.

I had a "natural" birth in the hospital. But I don't believe hospital birth is really all that natural. Even without and epidural we do things to pregnant women in the hospital that is NOT natural.

I was overjoyed with my birth. I had done it without and epidural or an induction. But that wasn't enough. I began to read and research and this beautiful world of midwives and homebirth began to unfold itself to me little by little.

We were pg with our second child and were living in a pretty good area where birth was allowed to be more natural...but not really. But I thought that was okay. We then moved to Louisiana and all heck broke loose! The good old boys had their finger on all things birth related. And we little ladies were to just do as we were told and that they knew more. I had a horrible experience with many doctors and finally called a midwife from my hometown. She and another midwife gave us prenatal care for the pregnancy. And we planned a UC.

That's the story in a short form.