View Single Post
October 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
(((((HUGS)))))

Oh, Norina. I know your story and I think about you all the time. I haven't been able to be on much lately, but I've been thinking about you and this issue specifically (before reading this post). My answer: ME! I don't know if you remember my story at all, but I wasn't "supposed" to be able to get pregnant at all. Once we found out (by accident) that we could get pregnant, they all failed, some late, some early, all without "reason". I'd pretty much resigned myself to "the next cycle". I realized that I never spoke about "when" I'd get pregnant, but "in the next cycle, I'll try"... And even then, I never really thought I'd ever have a baby.

Kannon turned 6 weeks on Tuesday. I had a fairly healthy pregnancy and just about a perfect birth. (Granted, the 6 weeks since birth have been ghastly, healthwise, but a small price to pay.) He is absolutely perfect and healthy and beautiful. I still can't believe that I get to be a mom. I still can't believe that he's not going home to someone else when my "babysitting" time is up. I don't know how long it will be before it sinks in that he's mine and I get to keep him.

I know that your last pregnancy (forgive me for bringing up painful issues) was going well before a senseless, tragic end. I have confidence that you've done everything you can to ready your body for pregnancy and that you WILL have a healthy pregnancy. There's nothing to indicate otherwise, right? You're healed (physically) and ready to go, I presume. Go for it. Keep after what you want. It will happen for you. The Universe would be completely remiss in not giving you a beautiful baby. You absolutely deserve it.