View Single Post
October 20th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought this would be a really good informative thread for those wondering what they have to go through to get their birth certificate.

Here in Ohio, we had to fill out a 14 page questionare (sp?). They wanted to know every detail of the pregnancy and birth, about the parents, about moms other pregnancies, what kind of insurance you had if any, how you paid for the birth, etc. It got REALLY personal. Several questions got I don't know or unknown for an answer.

Then we had to take that down to the health department along with ID and something with your current address.

They took us to a conference room where they asked more questions.

Since I hadn't seen a DR, by law I had to sumit to syphillis and gonorhea testing.

They tried to push me to have the metabolic screening but I knew I could do an exemption so I did that. They also pushed to have me do the hearing test, which I said no to.

Luckily a few days later they contacted me letting me know columbus had approoved the birth certificate. Talk about a pain!

Then we had to go back and sign the draft along with the midwife.

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>