Topic: Long 6 weeks
View Single Post
October 21st, 2006, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey sweetie I also wanted to tell you that all kinds of things do happen. When I was just a few days old (first day home from the hospital) my mom said they didn't have the changing table set up yet - as I was alittel early & being her 5th kid - she thought she would be able to tell. Anyway - she put me on the kitchen table on a blanket to change my diaper. My sister was 4 & standing right there - wanting to check me out. My mom was showing her my fingers & toes, etc...and my mom said she dropped something. She took a step over to grab it & while she looked away my sister pulled me off the table by the blanket. She said she wanted to see me better. My mom said she freaked - especially because at first I only startled & held my breath - she said it seemed like hours before I let out a wail. they ran back up to emergency - and she was scared they would think it was abuse as well - but I was fine - and I fell onto linoleum over concrete from the height of a dning room table. LOts of other things happened while we were groeing up as well, falls down the stairs, by brother got his fingers caught by an old window that slammed down. It's not good - of course - but it's also not catastrophic. Try to remember - as much as we try - none of us will ever be perfect & no one's child grows up without a scar or broken bone. It's part of life. I am sorry it has given you such a scare & made you feel so terrible. I hope you can find a way to let it go soon. (((HUGS)))

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet