Topic: Herbals!
View Single Post
October 23rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have really awful hay fever and pollen allergies as well as animal dander. I used homeopathic drops one summer because I had tried everything else and nothing helped. Some of the meds the doctor gave me got me started on two years of nasty throat infections too... Different story though. SO I used the BioAllers Pollen/Hayfever drops and the pet dander drops. I used them every day that summer and it completely controlled my allergies and they have simply never returned.

I had a touch of a reaction this year to my MIL's cats and I used some of the drops then but it didn't help as much because I'm also allergic to smoke and both MIL and FIL smoke packs a day. Nasty!

Anyway homeopathic allergy drops work like allergy shots, they give you a tiny dose of what you are allergic too mixed in with water and grain alcohol. Whenever you have an attack take anywhere from five to fifteen drops under the tongue and hold them there for 10 seconds then swallow. You can repeat this as many times as you need too and because there are no "drugs" involved it's safe for pregnant women.

Oh and I forgot to mention in my original reply that slippery elm bark works for heartburn!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler