View Single Post
October 26th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to share this, only you girls would understand...

I don't know what you'd call it - "the good side" seems wrong, but I've noticed a bit of a different attitude in myself.

Now that a lot of the girls have had their babies, everyone is talking about the common post preggo things - streatch marks, weight loss, mushy bellies.... and I just don't care about any of it. I have a beautiful little girl and she's healthy.

I have purple and red stripes all over my belly - my belly that still looks 6 months preggo.
I have no idea what I weigh, told my doctor I don't care and don't want to know.
My guts seem to be made of jello.
I'm a typical "post baby" reck, and I don't care!!! I look at her and I would give up 3,000 times what being pregnant has "done" to my body to have her.
I see this as a good thing. I'm not stressed, sure most things will fall back into place with time. I'm just not all that conserned about it. After the years of hurt and pain and empty arms... these things just don't matter to me.

So maybe I couldn't share the carefree joy of pregnancy with most, but I get to skip the worry-wort "will I ever be the same again" part of it.

</div>