View Single Post
October 27th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Same here. I have been telling DH this all along. It seems strange to see others posting about all that stuff, even though I totally understand it. I just don't care. I have what I wanted, and that mushy belly happens to be proof of that, part of that, and I would do it all over times an infinite amount to have him again. I feel a bit guilty that I can't participate in some of the PP stuff. Women come up to me and ask, conspiratorially, "Aren't you glad that breastfeeding takes off the belly faster?" "Good thing the stretch marks lighten, huh?" and say, "It takes 9 months to put it on, count on at least that much to take it off." I don't care. I will eat healthfully and be as active as I can, but my main priority isn't fitting into pre-pregnancy clothing or being able to show off a naked belly...ever. Hehe. My husband is even great about it. I think that I apologized half-heartedly about my stretch marks. His reply: "They're like his footprints on the outside...I'll be sad if they go."