View Single Post
October 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, my DH used to be like this. I made him read research and meet with a midwife (we didn't end up liking her) and I wouldn't let it go. I asked him (because I knew the answer was yes at the time) if he was pro-choice. When he said yes I had a great arguement, if he thinks it's okay for me to choose to end my pregnancy then why isn't it okay for me to choose where and how I give birth? He couldn't answer. It hasn't caused a rift between us at all, and now he's supportive. We even met with another homebirth couple in our area last night and they were wonderful! He's still nervous but he supports homebirth now just as much as I do and I daresay that by the time this baby comes he'll probably be more adament about it than I!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler